Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's Always Something


"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

In my life, it seems to be exactly that, especially since I started college in 2010.  Every semester, I was greeted with a life-altering challenge that would have brought a lesser person to his knees.  Sometimes, I was tempted to look at the heavens and scream, "WHY???  WHY???  WHY???  Why NOW when life is slipping away from me???"  And it continues this semester.  Let me give you an idea of what I've dealt with.

Fall Semester 2010 - Our cat, Shelby, died.  It was in October, in the midst of all the pre-reqs I was taking to get into the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Southwest.  We were all devastated, but that didn't compare to what was to follow in the succeeding months.

Between the fall semester of 2010 and spring semester of 2011, my Gidget died five days before Christmas.  I was crushed.  Next semester please!

Spring 2011 - Another semester of pre-reqs.  Tucker had to be put down due to a spinal injury that made it impossible for him to ever walk again.  The pain lingers.  We still talk about Tucker almost every day. 

Summer 2011 - I was turned down for the PTA program and had to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.  I decided to finish my Associates' Degree and took more classes that are needed to get a bachelor's degree in Tennessee. Then Sophie died unexpectedly in my arms on July 23.  She was only 11 months old.  In case you're counting, that's 4 fur children in 9 months.

Fall 2011 - No more fur children died.  Thank goodness.  But we were still reeling from it.  Despite it all, I had attended all my classes and kept up my grades.  Steve's boss is making our lives hell with cutting his salary and then losing health care.  I still hate that man and wish him all the evil he has visited upon us and everyone else he has screwed.  We rescued a pregnant dog which was brought to the shelter in the trunk of a car.  Great people we have down here... in the TRUNK of a CAR!!!  She was emaciated.  I fed her 4 times a day to get her strength up.  Five days later, she gave birth to 7 wonderful, healthy puppies.  The first one left in November, to a lot of tears.  The others followed in a couple of weeks, but we kept Toby and Bella, the mom.

Spring 2012 - We lost the website due to Steve's boss' conniving ways.  I graduated with my Associates' Degree and was accepted into the University of Memphis.  I decided to choose nursing as my profession.  I chose wrong.  Steve's salary was cut again for the third time.  I was encouraging him to find something else.  In the meantime, the scumbag who ripped me out of the expenses for the puppies, decided to accuse me of stealing checks from her (which was the farthest from the truth you can get), and she sued me.  She had people lie for her and the judge believed her.  That is the last time I help someone out.  They can all fend for themselves.  Blocked them all and have a little surprise for the instigator of it just before we leave Memphis for good.  Revenge is better served up cold.

Summer 2012 - Didn't have any classes, but Steve lost his job of 33 years due to his boss' ego and conniving ways.  We are still recovering.

Fall 2012 - A hellacious semester of nursing school culminated in hemorrhaging, causing a trip to the Emergency Room.  They didn't do anything to help me except keep me a long time and send me home with a pat on my head.  I quit nursing school and vowed to go back to Southwest to see if I could get into the PTA program once again.  I didn't think I would be accepted, so I kept on truckin'.

Spring 2013 - As I said, I didn't think I would be accepted into the PTA program, so this time, I was prepared with a Plan B and a Plan C.  I had started at Concorde's OTA program, and on my very first day, I received a text from Steve, telling me I had a certified letter from Southwest.  My response was to tear that sucker open and don't make me wait!  His next text said "Congratulations!  You were accepted!"  I waited until the end of class and left Concorde, never to look back.  In the meantime, Jason's trusty Toyota pickup truck took a dump and was gone forever and the former bookkeeper from Steve's former job lied during a deposition and we had to dismiss the case.  She'll get hers.

Summer 2013 - I started the PTA program, and Steve started a job that has taken a lot out of everyone.  On August 21, two days before the birthday that I never had, and just a few days more before the start of the next semester, Steve was stung in the back of the neck by two yellowjackets while on the job.  He passed out behind the wheel and our Maxima was destroyed.  So now we have 1 vehicle, where 6 months ago, we had 3.  We have no money to get another one.

Fall 2013 - This semester seems to be the worst thus far.  Firstly, Steve's job is taking 80 hours a week out of him and throwing our household into turmoil.  First, it doesn't pay the bills.  Second, we have 3 people who have to go to different locations every day.  Jason is looking for a job, so occasionally he has to go on an interview, which means more complications in our traffic situation.  Secondly,  It took 3 months for Southwest to get my financial aid in order.  I wasted a lot of time waiting in line at the financial aid office.  Lastly, I have to have surgery on October 11, right in the middle of my semester.  I can't miss any days, so it is being done over my fall break.

I keep wondering when life is going to smooth out for me.  I have other plans for my life than what I have been presented with here.  It's been a real joy (sic) to have to deal with all of this.  Sometimes I wonder if this is meant to scare me off (of school) or to see how badly I want it.  But it's always something, isn't it, Roseanne?

Nazdrowie'

Paczki Puta

No comments: