Monday, November 24, 2008

Uncus and The Big Payoff

I don't know about you, but there are times in my life when something I have done pays off in a big way, just exactly as I had hoped it would. I'm not talking about money. This has to do with doing something out of the goodness of your heart, just because you want to do something special for the ones you love.

Anyone who has been following my writings knows that I had been working on a DVD of old family movies and got it completed last week. This DVD was very important to me, as self-proclaimed Keeper of The Flame, to preserve family memories before they are gone. With the help of my wonderful sons, I created this DVD, duplicated it several times, created a cover and a label, and shipped out seven of these beauties to my very nearest and dearest relatives, all of whom would not otherwise have had access to them.

I received a call from my uncle today (whom I call Uncus), saying that two of my cousins, to whom I had sent copies of my labor of love, are coming to see him for Thanksgiving dinner, and are going to bring their copy of the DVD so Uncus can reminisce with them. You see, these two cousins of mine have no memory of their father, who is present throughout the DVD, in living, breathing color. Uncus is going to tell them about their father, which is one of the best payoffs I could ever have. The other payoff, even larger, is that Uncus will not only be able to share with my cousins about their father, but also about his own parents (my and their grandparents). They have few memories of my grandparents, who I consider to be the best people I ever knew.

To know that this is going to happen in 2 short days is the biggest payoff I have ever had, and well worth all the trouble I had to go through to make the DVD happen. My heart is warmed by it, and I will die a happy woman knowing that this is going to complete the circle for three very dear people.

Nazdrovie'

A Very Happy Paczki Puta

No comments: