Monday, August 20, 2012

Brick By Brick

Oh gosh... where to begin?  I have started a new weight training program and having to do all the stats kinda puts me in a blue funk.  I thought the tapes were bad, but then I saw the calipers.  I thought the calipers were bad, and then I saw the pictures. 

I look too much like my mother.  She died 9 years ago from complications of diabetes.  I am seeing her body on me.  What to do, what to do... Yes, I am starting to panic.  I have so little time left on earth and am unsure if I can do what I have to do. 

Oh dear, oh dear... It's such a huge task.  I actually started last week, just to sort of warm up.  I did well for a first week.  My weight went down 4 pounds and my measurements went down quite a bit too.  And it was hard.  Oh dear, was it hard!  When I did the lower body workout, I could barely crawl back in the house, and then I was sore for two days.  This week I have to start ramping it up.  The workouts will be tougher, and I have to count calories.  Oh dear.  When was the last time I counted calories?  Forever ago.

I guess we start at the beginning because there really is no way to start anywhere else.  I started with coffee.  Maybe not the best way to start, but I will get a protein shake when I'm done with my morning workout.  Count those dang calories!  (That's just to remind myself.)  Make tuna salad!  Another reminder.  I bought lots of tuna on sale this week.  Plan dinner.  My third reminder.  I am attempting to cut out all man-made starches.   One treat per day, unless I can do without.  I'm going to try to do without.

I'm not going to post my "Before" pictures here.  Not until I have some progress.  Really, I'm embarrassed.  I know I've had some bad health problems in the past, but that's no excuse.  The truth is, that I stopped caring.  It seemed that no matter how much I cared, no one else did.  Now I am ready to care again.  So I have to do it whether or not anyone else cares. 

So I took my measurements this morning.  I took my blood pressure.  I took the pictures (technically, Steve took them).  Now I have to make good on my promise to myself.  Don't give up, girl!  Yes, you have a long way to go, but remember what Hadrian said about building Rome... "Brick by brick, my good citizens... brick by brick." 

I'm going to go lay my first brick now.  Wish me luck.

Nazdrowie'

Paczki Puta

No comments: