Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dead Elvis or "How Steve Destroyed New Orleans Without Even Trying"

I've been threatening to write this story for a while and it happened a long time ago, so please bear with me while I get the details straight.

When we were younger, we used to frequent the places on Beale Street when we came across a "head shop" called Tater Red's.  I didn't want to go in, but Steve convinced me it was relatively harmless, so in we went.  I was very wary of touching anything, but when I found these little statues, I quickly called Steve over.

What they were looked like skeletons with sideburns and Elvis hair, wearing an Elvis jumpsuit.  We thought it was really cute, so Steve bought it and brought it home.  He took it to work and put it on top of his computer monitor.  He got really cute comments about it and we really didn't think much of it except that it was a good conversation starter.  Then it got strange...

Steve suddenly had problems with his gall bladder and kidney stones.  He had his gall bladder removed and had several surgeries to remove the kidney stones.  I got sick... deathly ill... and when I was on my way back to health, my mother passed away.  One short month later, I lost my contracting job.  Bad things just kept happening, so we resolved to get rid of Dead Elvis, but how?  We looked up voodoo on the internet and found that to really get rid of the bad effects, we had to throw it into a body of water.  So one afternoon, Steve took Dead Elvis down to the Mississippi River at Tom Lee Park and threw it in.  "See ya" was the last thing he said to Dead Elvis.

A month later, Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.  Coincidence?  Hmmmm....

Nazdrowie'

Paczki Puta

No comments: