Thursday, May 5, 2011

On The Heels of Success

Like Rosanne Rosannadanna said, "It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing, it's another." Today, still glowing from Sunday's laudfest at my Phi Theta Kappa induction, I was jolted back to reality by a phone call from the administrator of the WINs program which gave me a grant for college. Apparently, the WINs program has been abruptly ended, as evidenced by the Huffington Post.

Oh dear. Now what? I was counting on that to complete my degree. Hm. It's funny how Congress cuts your hopes without even a thought about what it means to your family. So... on to Plan B. I wish I knew what Plan B was. My whole future, and that of my family, rides on me finishing school. I still have the Pell Grant, which will help some. But what if it doesn't cover the total cost of tuition and books? Something to think about...

I am still the Most Enhanced Member of Phi Theta Kappa. I still have a 4.0 GPA. I am still a published author. I have the friendship and loyalty of a great many people, some in very influential positions. I still have a brain. But I also still live where there are no jobs without a degree. Hm.

Okay, so keep going. Do whatever you have to do to finish school. That is the most important thing to consider. My health is improving, so keep going. Even today, after that rude awakening, I keep going. I got into the gym and worked harder than I have to date. I am going to keep on keeping on. Take THAT, Congress!

Nazdrowie'

Paczki Puta

No comments: