Saturday, March 6, 2010

While My Ticket Makes Its Way to Minglewood In Someone Else's Hands...

I thought I'd write a little while I'm stuck at home this evening. My ticket to Tora Tora is on its way to Minglewood in someone else's hands, courtesy of a killer sinus headache that came on me this morning. I knew there was something wrong when Steve and I went for a walk on the campus, and my legs felt like lead. I had been sneezing a lot the last 24 hours and wanted to push a little to see if I could just push through it. I was wrong. So I made the ultimate sacrifice and gave my ticket away. =( Goodbye ticket! Have fun without me!

So while I'm wasting time waiting for modern medicine to alleviate this vice my head seems to be in, I made some observations that I wanted to get down on "paper" just for the record. For example, in between answering various messages from my cousins, I noticed how close we all seem to have gotten... the Pluskota cousins... other than my siblings. I wonder why that is. No, I don't... I know the answer. It's the simple fact that these are real people, who see through the superficiality that pervades my siblings' lives. Oh well. I'm glad to have these relationships now. I might never have gotten close to my cousins if my father hadn't passed away a year ago. But we are thick as thieves and better.

First... Tracy... I love you more than I ever thought possible, and we are closer than I ever was to any of my siblings.

Second, Dennis... you're a nut and I still love you after all these years. I will never forget you trying to drown me and being there when we found old Busia and Dzia Dzia's gravesites. It's amazing how close we still are. We'll both get through the hardships we now face and life will be better soon.

Third, Pete... I'm so glad to have you in my life, even if I didn't get to see you when I was in town over the holidays. You've got a good heart, and I hope some of the investigations I'm doing for you bear fruit. You can't have peace until you have all the pieces. Troy Dunn said that... the man your mom had contacted about finding your birth mom. I'll keep trying, and I'll write a letter to Troy as well. Everyone deserves answers.

Fourth, Amy... you may not answer the phone, but you tear up the airwaves with texts, and I'm grateful to have had time with you in January. We've got some catching up to do!

Fifth, Sue... you may not know it, but you have been missed all these years. It warms my heart to see you and you are very well loved by me.

Uncle Jerry and Aunt Pat, you have no idea how it warms me to know that you still care about this worn out Chicago reject. You're the best! Hang with me a lot longer, will ya? We've got some hanging to do.

In the next couple of months, I'm planning on making major strides in my health care and am hoping to be in decent shape when I see you all in Wisconsin in July. I'm starting school for physical therapy in August and will be pushing hard until I get the degree in my hand. After that's done, I look forward to us all spending a lot more time together when I get started up north in my practice.

Anyway, there's the plan... anyone think it's possible???

Nazdrowie'

Paczki Puta

No comments: